Wednesday, April 30, 2014

april in review (a giant photo dump)

Our April in review by pictures:
 
 
We spent some time here, but for a good cause.  Background checks are a standard part of the adoption process.
 


 
 
We held a giant garage sale to help raise funds for our adoption.
 



 
The world's largest tarp:



Near the end of day two of the garage sale, this was all that was left:
 

 
 
With the garage sale under our belts and warmer weather finally here, we finally got in the mood to tackle some home projects.
 
Tilling up our soon-to-be giant garden:
 
 
Spray painting lots of stuff:
 
 
...including my fingers:

 
These shelves might be my favorite thing ever.   CJ worked not one, but two overtime shifts for us to be able to afford the materials and then he spent a lot of work planning out and installing this shelving system.  And I love it.  I also love that we were able to unpack so many boxes that have sat in our guest bedroom since August.  It feels so much more like home now.  Did I mention how much I love them and what an amazing job CJ did?  Also, can you find the photobomber in this picture?

 
I went to a wedding with co-workers.  I have been blessed to work with some really amazing people, whom I like both in and out of the office.
 
 
I completed my first quilt with the proceeds to benefit our adoption efforts.  If you're interested in a quilt, read up on the details here.  (Also, notice my other photobomber, Ellie.)
 
 
 
So, what's next up for May?
 
First, I'm hosting a Pampered Chef party with a portion of the proceeds to benefit our adoption efforts.  If you're in the market for some great Pampered Chef products, now would be a great time to stock up!  The party will be open until this coming Monday, May 5th.  Head on over to Pampered Chef's website, click the link in the top left, and then enter my name as the host.  We'd be appreciative of any orders!  And, after this...we're taking a break from fundraising for a bit!
 
 
As many of you know, we've talked about opening a Chasing Paper Airplanes Etsy shop for months now.  And we've put it on hold again.  Instead, I have signed up to participate in the Danville Handmade Market, the first show to be held on May 10th.  The entry fees were minimal and so we figured that if I sell just one item per day, while I may give up a decent chunk of my time, I will at least break even money-wise.  So if you're not doing anything on May 10th (or June 14th, July 12th, or August 9th), make a trip to Danville to see me and to shop at the town's farmer's market while you're there!
 
 
 
So I've been building up my bib and burp cloth stash in preparation for the market:
 


 
Business cards are all ready to go too!
 
 
Needless to say, April was a whirlwind.  May looks to be equally as busy, but thankfully not with a garage sale!
 
Here are some specific prayer requests we have:
  • For success with our Pampered Chef fundraiser
  • For the Danville Handmade Market on May 10th - that it is a profitable day and that I meet the right people
  • For a fully-funded adoption

 


No comments: