Monday, June 9, 2014

may in review (photo dump)

So May went by in a blur.
 
On the adoption front, we were really only busy with the Pampered Chef fundraiser and Danville Handmade Market.  It's been difficult getting meetings scheduled with our caseworker, which is why adoption activity slowed down for the month.  I had anticipated we'd have the home study completely wrapped up well before now.  But, I travel a lot for work, CJ works three days a week minimum (and he just took on a new job, so that's added about one extra day of work a week), and our caseworker might only work part-time (maybe?), so scheduling home study visits has been a little more difficult than it probably should be.  We should have some more activity to report on later this month.
 
Until then, here's what else we were up to in May:


We planted a mega garden: rhubarb, asparagus, sweet corn, tomatoes, green beans, peppers, Chinese kale, green onions, cucumbers, snow peas, watermelon, and eggplant.  I still need to plant winter squash and pumpkins.


For people who are not race fans, we spent a lot of time out at the track.  I was out there for the Grand Prix qualifications, the following weekend for Indy 500 qualifications, and the following weekend for Carb Day.  CJ went out to the track for the very first time for the 500 qualifications.



 
And for people who aren't soccer fans, we spent a lot of time at the Indy Eleven games.



 
You'd think I was some big sports fan or something.  I also "caught" the ball.  There's a story.  Ask me to tell it sometime, as it's much better in person.



 
Here's another work picture, this time with me holding $20,000 worth of silver.  And by "holding," I mean I was about ready to drop it on my foot.  Note: don't wear 4" heels and attempt to hold a 75 lb. brick.
 
 
May's Handmade Market was a success, but it wasn't what I'd call a raging success.  So we've regrouped and have created some different types of items to sell.  Here's CJ hard at work:
 

 
 
 
Here are our prayer requests for June:
  • Final home study visit is this week!
  • This Saturday's Danville Handmade Market -- specifically please pray that it will be more financially successful than the previous month


No comments: