Monday, September 1, 2014

pressing play again

As some of you may have noticed, we went quiet with our adoption for a good chunk of this summer, but I'm happy to report that we've hit play again and are ready to get this ball rolling!
 
Two months ago, we submitted the bulk of our home study paperwork to our agency.  I had a few other documents left to submit, including our financial sheet, when a few things hit at once.  Keep in mind that whatever is in our home study must match our dossier, all of which goes overseas for approval.
 
Long story short, here are the two things that have held up the process:
 
1)  I was rear-ended in my jeep.  It wasn't my fault, but repairs were costly enough that we felt it was best to take the settlement check and purchase a new vehicle.  What previously showed as a (small) asset on our adoption paperwork turned into a large liability.  At the end of the day, we have to show a $80,000 net worth.  That will still be possible, but obviously taking out a new car loan doesn't make the case any easier.
 
2)  I got a new job.  It's a fantastic opportunity and I'm super excited.  I think it's the answer to many of our prayers.  This move changes our income and changes a few other pieces of adoption paperwork we previously submitted, so I'm in the process of redoing a few forms.
 
Bad news is that we're a lot farther behind in this process than I ever thought we would be.  But the good news is, God makes everything work together for His good, so even though we've been delayed for various reasons, it will all work out for the best.
 
Thanks for your continued prayers and support, friends.

No comments: