Monday, November 10, 2014

long overdue update.

When I start to get frustrated with our adoption process -- with us -- I remind myself that we will get to our daughter at just the right time, whenever that may be.  It doesn't matter how fast or slow we work, our agency works, and governmental agencies work.  God has our child picked out for us no matter when we arrive.

That said --

The good news is that our home study is officially out of Indianapolis and into the hands of our international team in Detroit.

The not-so-awesome part is that we've had to clarify things a bit and there's one document we have to re-do, so until they can revise a section and we provide that updated document (working on it!), we're at a standstill.

So there's your not-so-exciting adoption update.  We're still trucking along, but slowly.

Aside from waiting, here's what else we've been up to in the past month or so:

 
I finished this quilt top (only 5 months after the baby was born!), which CJ helpfully held up for me:
 
I had a work meeting in Lafayette one afternoon and hopped over to West Lafayette to visit my cousin, Mindy, at Purdue.  She took me to get a Den Pop.  I was a little skeptical/scared of it, but it turned out to be pretty amazing.
 
 We then at the Triple XXX, which was on my life's bucket list.  I had the Dwayne Purvis All-American burger, which is a burger cooked in peanut butter sauce (I think).  It.  Was.  AM-A-ZING.

 We braved the cold temperatures at the last Indy Eleven game of the season.

I went to Chicago for several days for work.

I've been buying our future daughter some things here and there.  One of our goals is to help her maintain her Chinese heritage, so I was pretty pumped when I found these wooden blocks with Chinese characters on them.

Ellie (left) and Henry celebrated Halloween.

CJ has been hard at work on some projects for us.  Safety first around here.


He made this sofa table for me, partially out of reclaimed lumber.  I pretty much love it.

No comments: