Tuesday, December 23, 2014

it's a christmas miracle?

Yes, we're still adopting.  Yes, the process is still going s-l-o-w.

Here's one problem:  I'm not at home much.  This is what, the 23rd day of the month?  I've spent 12 days away from home and 11 days at home.  And those days I am at home, it's generally just for sleeping.  I work odd, infrequent hours with my new job.  Yes, I realize that's going to have to change when our daughter is home, but for now, it is what it is.

Another problem is that due to some unforeseen delays (car accident, new job, clarifying some paperwork) and then I'm not sure what else, it's taken us far longer than expected to get our home study completed.  I honestly thought we'd have it done by March, April at the latest.  Then it was beginning of August.  And then end of September.  But by mid-December, we finally had our home study in hand for proofing.  And then, you know, I've not been home much to actually proof it.

 
 
But that piece of paper there....that's the confirmation that my faxed, proofed home study went through to the agency.  I just have to send in our signature sheet, wait for them to make the revisions, and then we lurch forward ever so slowly again.
 
As I've said before though, God has our perfect child in mind and she'll be there when we get there.  It doesn't matter who or what has caused delays (me included).  The timing will be perfect.
 
 

In the meantime...

If you happen to follow us on instagram (@chasingpaperairplanes), you'll see that we've been participating in Advent for Orphans through Lifesong for Orphans.  There are corresponding Bible verses for each day and a challenge per se.  We've been keeping track of our donation for each day and plan to double it -- in other words, we're going to make a donation to Lifesong to help support other families, but we're also going to make an extra deposit into our own adoption account.  If you would like to join us, it's not too late.  Just head over to our instagram account (again, @chasingpaperairplanes) and check back through the other days to track your donation.

Merry Christmas!


No comments: