So since I last updated,
- Fingerprinting - for U.S. Citizenship & Immigration / FBI
- Background checks - again, with our local department
- Doctor appointment - I went yesterday. CJ went back in December, of which his tests would technically still be good, but there are a few required tests that aren't part of normal blood work, such as an HIV test. As a paramedic and as a nurse, he's had quite a few HIV tests over the years, but of course, none of those have happened within the past year, so he'll have to get an appointment scheduled soon.
- Requested birth certificates - That cost us $30 to get them from the state. I work two blocks away from the county health department in the county in which I was born, but that's not good enough...and it has to be issued within the past six months...
- Received our new marriage certificate...because the old one isn't good enough either.
- Took photos around the house and had to clean up our future child's room first (it's where we do all of our projects now).
- Requested updated reference letters from our employers and friends (thank you!)
So that's that. We'll keep trucking along and get this done one of these days...