Monday, June 29, 2015

instagram auction

It's staycation week for me!

My work phone is turned off.  I'm a little nervous about that, but I'm coping.

I am cleaning my house, one room a day.

I am binge watching Scandal.  Why have none of you told me to watch this show before now??

I have high hopes of finishing at least two quilts this week.  It's do-able, but only if I can finish watching all four seasons of Scandal sometime soon.

And I have finally gotten some clarity on adoption fundraising.

We have decided to pursue two or three fundraisers between now and the adoption conclusion.  We have money in the bank to cover our remaining agency fees plus a bulk of our orphanage donation.  I estimate that we will still need between $7,500-$15,000 to cover the remaining orphanage donation plus travel expenses.

That said, here's the first one --



Now, we realize this one won't appeal to most of you, but I've seen instagram auctions work for a lot of other adoptive families and am hopeful this one will work for us.

Here's how you can help:

  1. Make sure to follow our adoption account on instagram - @chasingpaperairplanes.
  2. If you or someone you know make anything and would like to donate for the auction, please send me an email (chasingpaperairplanes13 @ gmail) with the following information:
    • Instagram or shop name
    • Photo of item or logo for shop credit to be donated
    • Item detail or shop credit amount
    • Retail amount
    • Note that I'm asking vendors pay for US shipping, but ask that if it's an international bidder, please specify whether international shipping will be included or not
  3. Please pray for donations and people to bid on the donated items.

If this fundraiser isn't your cup of tea, that's cool -- stay tuned for details on upcoming ways to give!

1 comment:

Colleen S said...

Sorry we are less than craftily inclined but we will be on the look-out for items that do pop up. Praying for this process and so glad things are moving forward.

Colleen