Sunday, August 28, 2016

so very close

After more than 2 1/2 years, I'm happy to report that we are so very close to bringing Madeleine home!

Where we last left off, we had sent in some paperwork at the beginning of July to U.S. Citizenship & Immigration for a few reasons -- to "renew" our fingerprints and to classify Madeleine as our immediate relative.  Here we are in late August, and we finally got our paperwork back from USCIS and the National Visa Center.



Next steps:  more paperwork!  We both have to have visas to enter China, so that application will be headed out in the mail early this week.  Madeleine has to have a visa to enter the United States, so I completed that application and paperwork this evening.

At this point, I don't know the purpose of any of this paperwork -- nor do I care.  I don't seem to be producing any original documents anymore -- just referring back to other paperwork -- so it somehow seems a bit easier.  Maybe I'm just immune to paperwork now?

Looking at other adoptive families' recent timelines, it looks like we might be within 6-9 weeks of travel!?

If that's the case, I'm feeling pretty good about our to-do list.  Madeleine's room is painted and I'm in the process of decorating.  We have all of her furniture assembled, her car seats ready to be installed, and strollers ready to be used.  CJ refinished our upstairs bathroom last week.  We're turning our junk room into a guest bedroom / playroom, so he will be painting that this week and then putting that room together.

We've had multiple showers thrown for us these past few weeks, so thank you to our co-workers, friends, and family for your generosity and for loving Madeleine so much already!

From CJ's work shower.  This strawberry cake was maybe the best cake I've ever had in my life.

From CJ's co-workers.  Madeleine is definitely not short on toys now!

One of my aunts threw me a shower a few weeks ago.  Love the "Welcome to our family" message!

My friends/former co-workers threw me a shower last weekend with Pura Vida bracelets as a parting gift.  Love!


Hopefully for my next blog, we will have a travel date in mind!




No comments: